Why should you follow web development trends? It is no secret that trends in software are changing rapidly on a day-to-day basis. Web development is not an exception. Therefore, it is crucial to have your finger on the pulse of the industry’s heartbeat to get the latest web development trends (regardless of the type of industry for which you will source out your software development), you need to remain the key player in the market and meet all of your customer’s needs and requirements. Here is the list of the trends in software development that will be in the forefront in 2019:
Trend # 1 in web development: Mobile Optimization
How many times a day do you check your cell phone?
- According to the Telegraph research, young people return to their phones every 8.6 minutes during the day. In addition, they have a tendency to stop using computers when they are out of the office and switch to the use of their mobile devices. Therefore, it is not surprising that website traffic generated through mobile phones continues to grow rapidly.
- Statistics show that, in 2018, mobile devices reached 52.2 percent of all website traffic worldwide. That is more than half of all the global web pages served! For 2019, greater growth is expected.
The information provided above shows that there are many potential visitors to your website who visit your website from mobile phones so that they can then become your regular customers. Therefore, it is very important that your website is also optimized for smart phone use.
Trend # 2 in web development: Simplicity
Have you noticed how our attention span is shortening every day?
- According to the latest research, our attention span decreased a lot and reached a mark of 8.25 seconds. Compared to the average goldfish with a 9-second retention, that’s surprisingly shocking!
- Therefore, to capture as many visitors as possible on your website and improve the conversion rate, it is recommended that the amount of text on the website be reduced or create a single-page website.
The simplicity trend also applies to multi-page websites, where it is suggested that dynamic pages be replaced by static ones and here’s why:
- Static web pages take less time to download because they are not overloaded with complicated navigation.
- Another advantage of static pages is that they help visitors to focus solely on the content of the website. The fact that most website visitors use mobile devices, where the key navigation method is scrolling, makes single-page websites and static web pages even more attractive.
Trend # 3 in web development: Voice search
According to the latest statistics, 41% of adults and 55% of adolescents currently use voice search. In 2016, 20% of all Google search queries in the US were made by voice and there is a prediction that by 2020, 50% of text search requests will be replaced by voice search. Evolutionary voice search assistants such as Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, Samsung Brixby, etc. have already had a great impact on a variety of industries. For example, its important role in the e-commerce industry cannot be ignored, where its cooperation with predictive analytics helps retailers anticipate the path the customers will take and their acquisition pattern. Therefore, it is highly recommended to implement the voice search functionality in your web application to differentiate yourself from your competitors and increase your sales. Wait until you see what is coming next!
Trend # 4 in web development: Chatbots
Despite the fact, many people in many industries prefer to deal with a real person while solving their problems, the influence of chatbots in society these days cannot be underestimated. According to a recent survey, almost 60% of customers have already recognized chatbots because of their constant presence and ability to respond to their queries almost immediately. It is estimated that at least until 2020 these interactions between humans and chatbots will increase rapidly. Therefore, consider the implementation of a chatbot in your web application, which will not only help you save costs, but will also contribute to more customer participation and as a result generate more sales.
Trend # 5 in web development: AR and VR
AR and VR have revolutionized the way people communicate with the world. AR embellishes reality by adding digital information, but the user is still in touch with the real world and interacts with “augmented objects”. In virtual reality, while the user loses contact with reality, an absolutely new environment is created, in which he can really feel the place. In recent years, the popularity of the implementation of AR and VR in applications in a variety of industries is spreading significantly and here’s the reason:
- It is a perfect approach for business owners to present their portfolio of products / services, as AR and VR provide an opportunity for users to obtain a new and unique experience through their devices. The key factor is the fact that potential customers can test the final product before buying. As a result, an increase in business is guaranteed from the additional influx of new customers.
- With their ability to expand user participation, improve their focus on work and improve their learning ability, AR and VR are being widely used in the e-learning industry. For example, many educational and cultural institutions are adopting the ever growing amount of applications of AR and VR.
Therefore, it is suggested to implement AR or VR technologies in your web application to create exclusive content for your clients and take the leading position in the market among your competitors.
Summing it all up
Generally summing up web development trends in 2019, none of them can be ignored. Updating your website according to the latest trends will help you attract new visitors, turn them into regular customers and provide them an unforgettable experience. The combination of customer wishes with the latest technology trends will help you stay ahead of the competition and lead to your growth and success!